Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Book...

 For whatever reason, I had a compulsion to find 'The Book'. The Book is a small journal purchased when I was 14 years old. Inside The Book are my first poem, a few insightful sketches, and pleas of acceptance.

The thoughts in this book rhyme, for they are the sing-song lullabies of a young girl already wanting sleep. Pages toward the back abandon the rhymed stanza for a different pentameter...those more suited for awakenings.  The Book, after page 109 is empty but electronic bits and bytes continue and continue into megabytes on this computer. Text files are small.

My poems and thoughts are of joy and pain...not unlike a clown with his smile drawn upside down.Exactly like me. Sometimes emotion can only be expressed in ink, or on keyboards. And sometimes, no, most times, they are left only for me. They are left for me to remember, to purge, and to admire as I see fit.

Sometimes, if I dare, I let them out on blogs like this hoping someone will hear me, that my words might connect with someone who has a Book of their own. Someone who doesn't count on the 5-7-5 haiku, but instead relishes in free form and all its constraints. Someone who knows how to control the words yet let them play into streams of bits and bytes to be tasted by someone like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment